The Roughcut 2020 Film Challenge
After a staggering 618 entries to the 2020 Roughcut 60 Film Challenge - we are pleased to share with you the shortlisted films here.
There are 10 Young Peoples films and 50 in the main competition.
All films will be viewed by our panel of industry judges:
- Mark Jenkin - BAFTA award winning Cornish Writer / Director of BAIT.
- Phillippa Giles - Cornwall based TV Producer, known for her Bafta award winning work on Luther, Silent Witness, Emma and Jane Eyre. Now runs Bandit television (Delicious) and is the chair of Screen Cornwall.
- Nema Hart - Senior Manager Arts Council England with a specialism in creative media and strategic partnerships
- Kevin Brownridge - Chair of o-region, Experienced Arts and Business Consultant
- Toby Haynes - Director Brexit :The Uncivil War, Black Mirror, Dr Who
- Connie Farr - Music Supervisor, Founder of Think Sync Music (Military Wives, Only You, Greed)
- Matthew Humby - Manager The Plaza Cinema, WTW Cinemas
- Laura Giles - Independent Producer (The Tape) Programme Lead Screen Cornwall, o-region (Board)
- Andy Joule - Head of Animation, Prosthetics and Effects Falmouth University - Over twenty years experience as an animator and Director.
They will award the following prizes:
- BEST FILM - £1000
- RUNNER UP - £250
- RUNNER UP - £250
- BEST YOUNG PERSONS FILM - £250
The final award will be over to you to decide.
The Audience Award!
From Friday 25th September 8pm (UK Time) until Friday 9th of October you can vote for your favourite film here.
The film with the most VOTES will win the Audience award. (£250) (Please note it’s one vote per person!!)
All winners will be revealed in a live announcement over on our facebook page: 8pm (UK Time) Friday 16th October.
Please help us to publicise the film challenge by sharing on your social media and tagging us in. Please use the hashtag #60secfilmchallenge
o-region's latest news
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the latest news about all our projects, competitions and other events.